Terms of Service
Welcome to karmist! We look forward to building our community with you and creating a positive impact on the world. By using the karmist app, accessing our servers, websites, or our content (collectively “karmist”) owned and operated by fayvir LLC (“fayvir”), you agree to these Terms of Service (“TOS”)
Eligibility. karmist is available to:
- Users age 18 and over
- Users not prohibited by law from using the service
LICENSE. If you are an eligible user, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicensable license to access karmist in compliance with the TOS. You agree not to license, distribute, make derivative works, or sell content from karmist. You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, fully paid/sublicensable license to use, distribute, copy, perform, display, and make derivative works from content you post. Unlicensed access is prohibited and unauthorized.
USE. You agree not to use or provide software (except for general purpose web browsers and email clients, or software expressly licensed by us) or services that interact or interoperate with karmist, e.g. for data collection, downloading, uploading, spamming, posting, flagging, emailing, or search. You agree not to respect the privacy of other users and not collect users’ personal and/or contact information.
CODE OF CONDUCT. By using karmist, you agree that you will:
- not impersonate any person or entity
- not engage in any form of bullying, stalking, defamation, or harassment
- not use karmist to incite any violence or activity which will result in harm of others
- not authorize any third parties to use karmist. Accounts are not transferable to any other person or entity.
- not use karmist in a manner that is inconsistent with karmist’s objective of providing good faith help to the community. Examples of prohibited activity include solicitations that may be considered to be purely commercial in purpose. For instance if you are a pharmaceutical company, you may not use karmist to solicit volunteers for drug trials. Businesses however are encouraged to use karmist to organize community events such as clean ups, habitat building, food drives, and other pro bono work.
- comply with all applicable laws and access or use karmist only for lawful purposes.
- not use karmist to harm, disrupt, inconvenience, or cause damage to the karmist system, other users, or any other party. fayvir reserves the right to monitor or screen your usage and remove any activity which it deems to be detrimental to karmist users, the karmist network, or the fayvir business.
- be respectful and courteous when communicating with fayvir. If we feel that your conduct is threatening or offensive to fayvir, its employees, or karmist users, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account and block you from future use.
- spam, solicit or defraud any users.
- not create another account if you have already been banned from karmist, unless authorized by fayvir
- abide by the karmist community values:
- Be gracious – Recognize that other users do not have to help, but are choosing to help
- Be respectful – Treating each other with decency sets the tone we need for our community
- Be a leader – You are part of a movement to transform social networking to being social! Exhibit positive presence of mind to inspire others.
- Pass the good karma – Give at least as much good karma as you receive
MODERATION. You agree we may moderate access and use to karmist at our sole discretion by blocking IP addresses/accounts, deleting posts, terminating accounts, temporarily suspending accounts, filtering content, or other means. You agree to not bypass our moderation, not hold us liable for moderating (or not moderating), and agree that communication should be construed to say that we waive our right to moderate or not moderate.
USE OF CONTENT. You understand that fayvir may publish and promote your content with the interest of attracting others to respond to your request, provide help/services, and/or join the karmist community. All content submitted by you and information you authorize us to access from Facebook remains your property, but by submitting it to karmist, you grant fayvir a transferable, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license, with the right to use in any manner, without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of fees or payment.
You attest and warrant that you are the rightful and sole owner of the content, and in providing the content are not violating any laws, intellectual property or otherwise.
You agree that fayvir may also access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to:
- comply with police investigations or legal process
- respond to any claims or reports of violations
- enforce this TOS
- respond to your customer service requests
- protect the rights, safety, or property of fayvir, its employees, users, or any other person
To the extent permitted by law,
- we make no promise as to the level of service or karmist, timeliness, vetting of users, completeness, accuracy, availability, propriety, security or reliability; your access and use are at your own risk, and karmist is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”
- we are not liable for any harm resulting from (a) functionality of karmist; (b) user conduct including illegal conduct; (c) the level of service of karmist; (d) our representations; (e) your use of karmist; or (f) user content;
- we make no endorsement of users and the ratings of users are not to be interpreted as any form of vetting or endorsement.
INDEMNITY. karmist is an app created in good faith to help others. karmist is not a replacement for 911 or other emergency services and should not be construed or used as such. fayvir and its employees disclaim all warranties and conditions (expressed or implied) of merchantability, level of service, fitness for a particular purpose or service, or non-infringement; fayvir entities and karmist users acting in GOOD FAITH are not liable for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss whether it be monetary, emotional, data, material, or goodwill); in no event shall our total liability exceed $10.
COMMUNICATION. You agree that fayvir may contact you by telephone, text messages, or email to follow up with you to ensure your transactions went smoothly, for administrative purposes, and/or marketing purposes. You may however opt out at any time.
CHOICE OF LAW: This contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware excluding that State’s choice-of- law principles, and all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort or otherwise, shall likewise be governed by the laws of Delaware, excluding that State’s choice-of-law principles.